|On the Declaration of the State of Emergency throughout the Whole Territory of Georgia|
|Document issuer||President of Georgia|
|Date of issuing||21/04/2020|
|Document type||Order of the President of Georgia|
|Source and date of publishing||Website, 21/04/2020|
President of Georgia
Edict No 2
21 April 2020
On the Declaration of the State of Emergency throughout the Whole Territory of Georgia
Considering the declaration of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) as a pandemic by the World Health Organization on 11 March 2020 and the increased cases of infection of people in the country, in order to prevent the mass spread of the virus as much as possible and to maintain its efficient management, as well as to extend the period of the state of emergency declared by Edict No 1 of 21 March 2020 of the President of Georgia ‘On the Declaration of the State of Emergency throughout the Whole Territory of Georgia’, and to enable the State to fulfil its constitutional obligation to ensure public safety necessary for the democratic society, and to reduce any possible threat to the life and health of the population of the country, in accordance with Article 71(2) of the Constitution of Georgia and Article 2(1) of the Law of Georgia on State of Emergency:
1. The period of the state of emergency declared throughout the whole territory of Georgia by Edict No 1 of 21 March 2020 of the President of Georgia ‘On the Declaration of the State of Emergency throughout the Whole Territory of Georgia’ shall be extended to 22 May 2020 inclusive.
2. This Edict shall be immediately handed over to the Prime Minister of Georgia for co-signing.
3. The Edict co-signed by the Prime Minister of Georgia shall be immediately declared publicly through all available mass media, and its text shall be broadcast throughout the day.
4. The Edict co-signed by the Prime Minister of Georgia shall be immediately submitted to the Parliament of Georgia for approval.
5. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia shall immediately notify the Secretary-General of the United Nations of the extension of the period of the state of emergency.
6. This Edict shall enter into force upon declaration.
Prime Minister Giorgi Gakharia